Metropark to State Park Pathway Connector Study
The goal of this project was to provide a safe and efficient non-motorized connection between four large regional parks. Multiple variations of three general routes were evaluated and vetted with stakeholders and the public to determine the preferred route.
Huron Clinton Metroparks
1300 High Ridge Drive, Brighton, MI 48114
Nina Kelley, Chief of Planning and Development
Jason Bibby, System Planner
Prime: PEA Group
Sub-contract: The Greenway Collaborative
TGC led the public engagement process for this project. Tasks included:
- Presenting and vetting proposed routes with stakeholders.
- Meeting with local running and bicycling clubs to collect input.
- Hosting an input booth at the local farmer’s market.
- Developing a project website as a landing page for public input and project downloads.
- Creating all public engagement materials, including paper surveys, online surveys. online input map, and promotional materials.
- Established a social media guide for project promotion.
The success of the public engagement efforts led to over 1,000 surveys being completed in a span of two-weeks. Summary of the input was provided as an infographic.
Links and Downloads